Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Some brief photographic proof of the journey


I never liked pictures taken of me, even when I myself didn't realize just how big I was. I'm still getting used to seeing my new self in photos.

The heaviest I ever recorded myself was at 300 lbs. However, most of my adult time has been spent at around 260-265 lbs.

In Japan, I felt completely lump-like with no stamina. I began running and got down to about 235. However, once back in the US with big portions and a bum leg, I quickly went back up to the usual 260s mark.

In November 2010, I officially began this journey. My weight was 265. Here's an idea of what I looked like back then.



Here's me in 2008 and most likely over 265. Notice the feeble attempt at covering the gut with that ... thing.

Me in Kyoto, Japan in 2009. I had just started running a few months before, but I was probably still in the 260s.

My goals at first were small. I wanted to lose 20 lbs. But once that came off, I began to really lose in earnest. In November of 2011, a little over a year before I began, I went below 200 lbs.!


Exactly two years later in Paris. I had just hit a major milestone of under 200 lbs. (French pastries caused a bit of a bump to get back over!)

 Now my trainer decided that the work would really begin! We both thought a few pounds less would help me see the 200 mark as the line that can't be crossed. And while I had been weight training, we now were concentrating a lot more on body shaping.


Running a NY Road Runners event in 2012. Down to 190, but just beginning the toning up. The arms and chest are looking swell.
Maintenance is an ongoing, daily event. I'm still changing and it's hard but worth it. The photo below shows me in 2008 and 2011. It's an amazing difference.



And I'm still changing! Here's the ubiquitous beefcake shot, something I would NEVER have had the guts to do before! (And yes, I get the pun).



Hubba Hubba!

No comments:

Post a Comment