Friday, February 28, 2014

February Foodie Pen Pals Reveal (sort of)

Welp, we have an almost winner....


The Lean Green Bean

This week, I was matched up with Natalia, a nanny in Southern California. She said she liked popcorn, NY Pretzels and sour candy from Dylan's Candy Bar. We exchanged addresses and then...

Well, unlike my previous non-packages during FPP exchange, this time the package WAS sent. Natalia gave me the tracking number. But it turns out the US Postal Service seems to have kept it in limbo once it left the West Coast:




Wha-wha-whaaaaa...again!
Natalia will be sending something as a replacement, so an update will happen.

In the meantime, here's what I sent Natalia:




Soy wrappers, mango salsa, Matcha flavored Pocky, tamarind candy and a bag bag of sour candy. But instead of Dylan's, I went to my one of my favorite neighborhood places, Sockerbit, the store for all your Swedish Candy needs. (It was a great excuse to stock up on my own go-to bitter, minty, salty licorice). And their sour candy is SOW-uh!

I'm glad you liked it, Natalia, and I look forward to receiving my package soon! *Shakes fist at USPO*

UPDATE:  The package arrived all these weeks later. Read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment